I was tagged by Gluten Free By The Bay for a meme. I'm supposed to include eight things about myself, but which items should I include? I feel like Winnie-the-Pooh as he sits on a log, tapping his forehead, saying "Think, think, think."
The pictures are of some of the produce from our local vegetable market, since I've been going there quite regularly this summer. I really enjoy going to the market, since everything is gluten free.
Here are a few tidbits about myself:
1. I took graduate philosophy classes with my dad, as we were enrolled in the same Master's program.
2. My husband and I were best friends, who fell in love with each other. We married and have been together nineteen years. We're still best friends.
3. We share our home with a 5 year old Shetland Sheepdog. She drops enough hair every year to make another puppy, but we wouldn't have her any other way. By the way for those of you who don't know it, Timmy is in the well...he falls in every day...
4. I won't share my home with any creature that might consider a member of my family a potential source of food.
5. My husband and I are from the Gulf Coast and we track hurricanes throughout the storm season (1 June to 30 November), because our families live along the coast.
6. I don't watch horror/slasher/excessive gore movies.
7. Most of the books I read for enjoyment are children's literature. In the last year I've read books from: J.K. Rowling, Dianna Wynne-Jones, Bryan Jacques, Holly Black & Tony DiTerlizzi, Patricia Wrede, Eoin Colfer, and more.
8. The worst job I ever had was serving over cooked and burned vegetables in my college cafeteria. After spending two hours serving and smelling the aromas from the food on the line each day, I couldn't eat any of it. I lived off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that semester.
Now that I've posted some things about myself, I'm supposed to tag some others. Maybe these guys would like to meme along...
Never Trust a Culinary Student
The Well Fed Celiac
Gluten Free Mommy